Home » » Page 11 Ray Barlow

Page 11 Ray Barlow

Written By onci on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 | 9:02 PM

Camping at Guelph Lakes (Ontario Canada)

Hooking up the big rig and heading out to a campsite is just about the best summer time experience one could imagine for a nature photographer. Yes... it is a house on wheels, with all the comforts, I even bring my laptop for late night editing!! But it is still good fun.

I am able to get up before the sun (sometimes a little late) and jump in the truck, wake up all the neighbours when I start it... then head off to my favourite shooting grounds.

On this latest trip we were able to find several great species to shoot.. including Osprey, Bobolink, Eastern Bluebird, Gray Catbirds, Savannah Sparrows, Northern Flicker, and a family of House Wrens. Ohh and also Hummingbirds. During this type of "park" shooting, I like to stay in the truck, and shoot through the window.

Birds are much less afraid of a parked vehicle then they are of a person standing and shooting with a long lens. Parking on the side of a road and watching birds carry on in their lives can be so much fun. My daughter Maria (3 1/2) has seen so much with her binoculars, and watched her dad through many shooting opportunities.

These images are easily viewed in full size by clicking on them, just use your back button to return to the Blog.

Please join me on Facebook!! here is my link...

http://www.facebook.com/raymondbarlow

Take good care, and also please feel free to post a comment! and share this Blog with your friends please!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment